The External Membership Sites Add-Ons Bundle integrates MemberPress and WooCommerce and allows you to sell external MemberPress memberships from your WooCommerce shop.
The External Membership Sites Add-Ons Bundle Includes:
- 1 / 3 / 5 Licenses for External Membership Sites Add-On (according to the amount you add to cart)
- 1 / 3 / 5 Licenses for Remote Access Add-On (according to the amount you add to cart)
So, if your WooCommerce shop is installed on Domain A and you want to sell membership levels that are installed on Domain B, you will need to use the bundle to do it, for example:
- Your WooCommerce shop is located in – http://store.yourdomain.com
- Your MemberPress membership site is located in – http://membership.yourdomain.com
- Your WooCommerce shop is located in – http://yourdomain.com/store
- Your MemberPress membership site is located in – http://yourdomain.com/membership
- Your WooCommerce shop is located in – http://domain-one.com
- Your MemberPress membership site is located in – http://domain-two.com
In these screenshots we explain how to integrate the WooCommerce shop and the MemberPress membership site using MemberPress WooCommerce Plus and the External Membership Sites Add-Ons Bundle.
Installing and activating the MemberPress WooCommerce Plus plugin + External Membership Sites Add-On:
- Install the plugin in the WooCommerce shop
- Activate the plugin using the license key received by mail
- Go to the Add-Ons tab and activate the add-on using the relevant license also received by mail
Installing and activating the Remote Access Add-On:
- Install the Remote access add-on on the MemberPress membership site and activate it using the license key received by mail
- Go to HappyPlugins > Remote Access menu and copy the connection information (Screenshot 1 below)
- Go back to the WooCommerce shop > HappyPlugins menu > MemberPress WooCommerce Plus > External MemberPress Websites > Add New External MemberPress Site and paste the code (screenshots 2, 3, 4 below)
- Now the WooCommerce shop and MemberPress membership site are connected and you can create your first membership product
Configuring the WooCommerce Shop and MemberPress membership site:
After installing and activating MemberPress WooComerce Plus, the External Membership Sites Add-On and Remote Access Add-On, this is how you complete the integration process:
Creating the External Membership Product:
The membership product creation is done inside the WooCommerce shop in 2 simple steps:
- Go Products > Add New > scroll down to the Product Data Meta box > Memberpress tab:
- Scroll down to the MemberPress External Memberships and define the relevant settings as seen in the screenshot below:
Testing the Integration Works:
Now to test that the member is indeed being registered to the relevant MemberPress membership after purchasing the WooCommerce product, simply complete a test purchase.
- Copy-paste the URL of the WooCommerce product from the shop and paste it inside incognito (or after logging out from the site)
- Add the product to cart and complete the purchase
- Login to the membership site > Go to the transactions tab > There you will see that a new member is created and assign to the relevant membership
Here are some of the most common questions about MemberPress WooCommerce Plus we received:
What Add-Ons the Bundle Includes?
The bundle includes 2 add-ons:
- The External Membership Sites Add-On – The add-on is installed on your WooCommerce store and it collects all the important information about your membership products, including: the membership product name, level ID, status and more, and it allows you to manage all external products from one table
- The Remote Access Add-On – the add-on is installed on your MemberPress membership site, it connects between the two websites, and make sure that members who purchase a membership product from your store will be registered to the membership site correctly (both new and existing members)
How Many Licenses Will I Need for Each Add-On?
For every WooCommerce shop you will need 1 license of:
- MemberPress WooCommerce Plus Plugin
- External Membership Sites Add-On
For every External membership site you will need 1 license of:
- Remote Access Add-On
If you want to sell all your products from one WooCommerce shop, and you want to integrate your shop’s products with 3 membership sites you will need:
- MemberPress WooCommerce Plus Plugin & External Membership Sites Add-On >> 1 License for Each
- Remote Access Add-On >> 3 Licenses
If you want to sell all your products from 2 different WooCommerce stores, and you want to integrate all products from 2 stores to one membership site you will need:
- MemberPress WooCommerce Plus Plugin & External Membership Sites Add-On >> 2 Licenses for Each
- Remote Access Add-On >> 1 License
Can I Purchase More Licenses of the Remote Access Add-On Separately?
Yes, if you need to integrate multiple membership sites and you need more licenses (each membership site requires a license), you can purchase them separately in this link
Can I use MemberPress WooCommerce Plus on Existing Woo Products?
Yes, you can easily connect a WooCommerce product to a MemberPress membership level. You will find the exact instructions on how to do it in our documentation when the plugin is released.
Does MemberPress WooCommerce Plus support Subscription Payments?
The short answer is – Yes!
Here is the full explanation:
When integrating MemberPress & WooCommerce platforms via the MemberPress WooCommerce Plus plugin WooCommerce is the platform responsible for the process payments, and you can choose any payment processor that integrates with WooCommerce.
All you need to do in order to be able to process subscription payments is use a subscription plugin for WooCommerce and that’s it!
You can use the WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin by WooCommerce themselves or any other valid plugin.
Does MemberPress WooCommerce Plus support trial periods?
The short answer is again – Yes!
As written in the previous question regarding subscription payments, all payment subscriptions as well as trial periods are handled by WooCommerce Subscriptions add-on and because of that, if the subscription add-on you are using supports trial periods there is no problem at all!
What version of WooCommerce plugin I need in order the plugin?
You will need to use WooCommerce version 4.1.1 and up
Can I use only the bundle, without the plugin MemberPress WooCommerce Plus?
The short answer is – No
The External Membership Sites Add-Ons Bundle is an addition to the main plugin, you must also purchase the MemberPress WooCommerce Plus plugin in order for the external integration to work.
If my WooCommerce shop and MemberPress membership site are installed on the exact same domain, will I need to purchase the “External Membership Sites Add-Ons Bundle”?
If both WooCommerce and MemberPress are installed on the exact WordPress installation, you will not need the “External Membership Sites Add-Ons Bundle”, only the main plugin – MemberPress WooCommerce Plus plugin
If my WooCommerce shop and MemberPress membership site are located on different domains / sub-domains or files, will I still need to purchase the “External Membership Sites Add-Ons Bundle”?
Yes, because you have 2 different WordPress installations you will need to use the add-on.
Here are examples of different domains / WorePress Installations:
1. http://domain1.com & http://domain2.com (different domains)
2. http://domain1.com/woo & http://domain2.com/wlm (different directories)
3. http://woo.domain1.com & http://wlm.domain2.com (different sub-domains)
These are the requirements for the MemberPress WooCommerce Plus:
- Latest Version: Will be released soon
- Product Type: WordPress Plugin
- Requirements: WordPress 5.4.1 and higher, MemberPress 1.8 and higher, WooCommerce 4.1.1 and higher