Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus plugin integrates Wishlist Member and WooCommerce and allows you to sell membership levels as products.
The plugin allows you to create and add products to unlimited number of membership levels and / or paid posts when using the pay-per-post feature.
The membership product creation is done with 1 simple click and no unnecessary steps to save time and make the integration seamless.
The purpose of Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus plugin is NOT to protect WooCommerce products to be visible by members only, but to sell membership levels and / or pay-per-post content, while enjoying the advantages of the WooCommerce Platform, as you can read right below.
The Benefits of Integrating Wishlist Member & WooCommerce
The integration of Wishlist Member and WooCommerce gives you the option to assign Wishlist Member content (levels, posts, pages) to members after they complete the purchase / order inside WooCommerce.
By integrating Wishlist Member & WooCommerce you will be able to:
- Allow customers to buy more than one level and create their own combination of levels (decide which levels to add to the cart and buy)
- Allow customers to buy more than one pay-per-post content without the need for you to create separate purchase buttons for each pay-per-post content
- Allow customers to buy both levels and pay-per-post content in one purchase
- Enjoy all the benefits of an eCommerce store – Your Wishlist Member levels and posts are just like any WooCommerce product and you can enjoy all the benefits of selling through an online store
Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus Can be Used for 2 Scenarios:
- Selling Local Membership Products – When WooCommerce & Wishlist Member are installed on the EXACT same domain and WordPress installation. You will need Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus plugin only
- Selling External Membership Products – When WooCommerce & Wishlist Member are installed on SEPARATE domains and different WordPress installations. You will need to also purchase the External Membership Sites Add-Ons Bundle
What is the difference between your plugin and Wishlist Member Integration plugin developed by WooThemes?
We created a complete comparison table between the 2 plugins:
Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus
Wishlist Member WooCommerce Integration (by WooThemes)
|Supports Membership Levels|
|Supports Pay-per-Post Feature||
Partly (Members cannot buy levels and posts in the same purchase)
|Easy Installation & Configuration|
|Create Membership Products in 1-Click|
|Allows Auto Registration After Completing the Purchase|
|Support for Recurring Payments|
Requires WooCommerce Subscription Add-On
|Membership Products Summary Table|
|Allow Selling External Membership Products|
Why You Should Use Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus Over WooThemes’ Plugin:
1. Better Wishlist Member API Coding:
The “Wishlist Member integration for WooCommerce” was developed by WooThemes company, which are not familiar with Wishlist Member development as Wishlist Member certified developers.
There are many aspects and settings in the plugin that can be saved by using appropriate Wishlist Member API coding, giving Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus the ability to perform more complex scenarios with less setup for the end user.
2. Ability to Deal with Complex Scenarios
Another very important aspect is complex scenarios that are not handled correctly with the Wishlist Member integration for WooCommerce that was developed by WooThemes, creating weird scenarios when using it on a live and active store.
One example is: if a customer adds both level membership product and pay-per-post membership product, the member will only be added to part of the products, based on what product was added to the cart first.
E.G.: if a customer adds to the cart 4 products in that order: Level product > Pay-per-post product > level product > and another pay-per-post product
The customer will be added only to the first level membership and all other products will not be associated to the member, and he will not have access to them, even though he paid the full amount. You will need to add the products to the member manually.
Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus solves that problem completely, the customer will be added to all membership products, including level products and pay-per-post products, and this will save you a lot of support and troubleshooting managing your online store.
3. Sell Unlimited External Membership Products
With Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus you can also sell external membership products, meaning that your WooCommerce store is installed on one website and your membership site is installed on a different website. You can do that using the External Membership Sites Add-Ons Bundle
The Integration Process with WooThemes Plugin
* In both plugins you need to have WooCommerce and Wishlist Member plugins installed
The steps required in order to configure Wishlist Member and WooCommerce when using “Wishlist Member Integration for WooCommerce” by WooThemes:
- Copy Wishlist API Key – Go to Wishlist Member menu > Settings > Miscellaneous > Copy the API key
- Paste the API Key to WooCommerce – Go to a different screen under WooCommerce menu > Settings > Wishlist Member > Paste the API key
- Copy the SKU – Go to Wishlist Member menu > Integration tab > Choose Generic from the drop-down list and copy the membership level or pay-per-post SKU
- Create Membership Products – Go to WooCommerce settings again, create a new product, fill in the membership product SKU while adding the prefix defined inside WooCommerce Wishlist Member settings, setup all the appropriate settings according to the integration settings that can be found on WooCommerce docs and then publish the product
The Integration Process with “Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus” Plugin
The steps required in order to configure Wishlist Member and WooCommerce when using “Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus” by HappyPlugins:
Go to WL Extensions menu > Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus > Membership Products > Click the button to create a product for a specific membership level / post / page and publish the product. That’s it!
Easily Create Membership Products
Creating membership products is easy as clicking a button, all you need to do is click a button and a new membership product will be automatically created inside WooCommerce:
Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus Settings Screen
No complicate settings, all settings are arranged in one simple screen so you don’t need to navigate through endless settings screens:
We have enhanced Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus with powerful features.
These features are sold separately as add-ons and they require Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus.
These are the Available Add-Ons:
* Click on the add-on’s name for more information
Allows you to register customers to any membership level / pay-per-post after completing a WooCommerce product purchase.
All you need to do to register members automatically to any Wishlist Member membership level and / or pay-per-post is follow 2 simple steps:
- Go to the Products menu and click to edit the relevant product
- Go to the Product Data Meta box > under the Wishlist Member Registration tab and choose the membership level/s and / or pay-per-posts as seen in the below screenshot:
Allows you to sell custom post types individually using Wishlist Member & WooCommerce platform.
Integrating the Custom Post Type Add-On in 4 Simple Steps:
- Enable your chosen custom post types within Wishlist Member setting
- Define Wishlist Member settings inside the relevant custom post type
- Create your membership product using Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus (Notice in the below screenshot that the custom post types were added automatically to the tables)
- Click Edit, define the Product Data settings and content & publish it
Allows you to sell memberships that are located on a separate domain (different WordPress installation) than your WooCommerce website.
The External Membership Products table will be displayed only after you install and activate the add-on as seen in the below screenshot:
In this tab you will find short video tutorials that guide you through the process of selling membership levels and / or pay-per-posts using Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus:
How to Sell One or Multiple Membership Levels
Using Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus you can sell one or multiple membership levels to both new and existing members, watch the short video tutorial to see how:
How to Sell One or More Pay-per-posts
Using Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus you can sell one or multiple pay-per-posts to both new and existing members, watch the short video tutorial to see how:
How to Sell Multiple Levels and / or Pay-per-posts
Using Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus you can sell multiple membership levels and pay-per-posts in one purchase to both new and existing members, watch the short video tutorial to see how:
Configuring the External Membership Sites Add-Ons Bundle
Using Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus you can even sell membership products on a completely different website than your online store.
We have created a 3-part video tutorial series to show you how to configure Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus to register members to any external membership site:
Part #1: How to Activate Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus & the External Membership Sites Add-Ons Bundle Licenses
In this video we go over how to activate Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus and the External Membership Sites Add-Ons Bundle:
Part #2: How to Configure Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus & the External Membership Sites Add-Ons Bundle
In this video we go over how to configure the plugin and the add-ons in 2 simple steps so you can start selling membership products immediately:
Part #3: How to Test that the Integration is Working Correctly
In this video we go over how to test that the integration is working correctly and how a member is added to the correct level on your Wishlist Member membership site after purchasing a product through your WooCommerce store:
How to Move from WooThemes Plugin to Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus
If you are currently using WooThemes “WooCommerce Wishlist Member Integration” plugin and you want to move to Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus in this short video we show you how it can be easily done in few seconds only:
How to Create New Membership Products in One Click
The Membership Products tables seen in the screenshots below will automatically display all membership levels, plus all posts and pages that are protected under the pay-per-post protection.
Choose the membership level you want to add a product to, click on the “Create Product” button and a new product will be immediately created as draft.
To publish the product, all you need to do is click on the “Edit” link and publish the product. That’s it! The product’s settings are automatically planned inside WooCommerce.
Membership Levels Products:
Pay-Per-Post Products (under pages):
The Product’s Settings will be Automatically Planted in the Product:
When clicking on the “Edit” link in one of the tables above, you will be redirected to the product’s page and all the settings will be automatically planted for you. All you need to do is publish the post:
The Settings Tab
All the settings are planted automatically after activating the plugin:
Here are some of the most common questions about Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus:
Does Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus support cancellations?
Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus is used to sell membership products using Wishlist Member, so you can sell membership levels and / or pay-per-posts as WooCommerce products.
All other aspects of payment and subscriptions are managed by WooCommerce plugin and extensions.
Our product does not interfere with any of these aspects and it is working behind the scenes after a successful payment has been made.
Because WooCommerce is working with hundreds of payment gateways and each payment gateway is programmed by different developers, many of the developers does not completely comply with WooCommerce coding guidelines.
Because of that, cancellations are very difficult to support and can only be done to specific payment gateways that program their extensions correctly.
Because Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus was designed to work with all payment gateways, it is impossible to develop a cancellation feature that will work on all payment gateways.
An example for that is WooCommerce Subscriptions extensions that is only supported by specific payment gateways and, as you can check their website, not all payments are fully supported with all the features.
Does Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus support trial periods?
As written in the previous question regarding cancellations, all payment subscriptions and trial periods are handled by WooCommerce Subscriptions extension and because of that, if the subscription extension supports trial periods you can do it.
Since WooThemes no longer supports their “WooCommerce Wishlist Member Integration” plugin and I am already using it, how can I move from their plugin to “Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus” smoothly?
Moving from the WooThemes plugin to Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus” plugin can be done very easily and smoothly, just follow these steps:
- Step #1: Install the “Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus” plugin on your website
- Step #2: Copy the SKU Prefix from the WooThemes plugin by going to WooCommerce menu > Settings > Wishlist Member tab
- Step #3: Paste the SKU Prefix to “Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus” plugin by going to WL Extension menu > Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus > Settings
- Step #4: Deactivate the “WooCommerce Wishlist Member Integration” Plugin by WooThemes
Once you have changed the SKU Prefix and deactivated the WooThemes plugin the integration will continue to work just as it did before you activated Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus plugin.
You can check that everything is indeed working by checking your membership products in the Membership Products Summary Table and see that all the membership products have been identified correctly by Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus as seen in the below screenshot:
What version of WooCommerce plugin I need in order the plugin?
You will need to use WooCommerce version 2.3
Can I use only the bundle, without the plugin Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus?
No, the External Membership Sites & Remote Access Add-Ons are an addition to the main plugin, you must also purchase Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus for the add-ons to work.
If my WooCommerce Store and Wishlist Member are installed on the exact same domain, will I need to purchase the “External Membership Sites Add-Ons Bundle”?
If both WooCommerce and Wishlist Member are installed on the exact WordPress installation, you will not need the “External Membership Sites Add-Ons Bundle”, only the main plugin – Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus
If my WooCommerce store and Wishlist membership site are located on different domains / sub-domains or files, will I still need to purchase the “External Membership Sites Add-Ons Bundle”?
Yes, because you have 2 different WordPress installations you will need to use the add-on. Examples of different domains are:
1. http://domain1.com & http://domain2.com (different domains)
2. http://domain1.com/woo & http://domain2.com/wlm (different directories)
3. http://woo.domain1.com & http://wlm.domain2.com (different sub-domains)
Can I Purchase More Licenses of the Remote Access Add-On Separately?
Yes, if you need to integrate multiple membership sites and you need more licenses (each membership site requires a license), you can purchase them separately in this link >> Purchase Remote Access Add-On
It sounds complicated to operate the plugin and add-ons to work with an external membership site, where can I find more information on how to integrate it exactly?
Actually, it is very simple and easy to install and activate all 3 and make them work seamlessly. The process is very quick and requires only 4 simple steps. You can find all the information in our detailed manual in this link
Does the plugin have any conflicts with other plugins?
As far as we know, the plugin does not conflict with any other plugin. Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus keeps a very strict code method so the chances that it’s causing any problem are very low. If you have any problems or conflicts, please contact the support department.
Does the plugin integrate with every membership site platform?
No, Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus is a Wishlist Member dedicated plugin.
I have more questions and I haven’t found my answers, how can I contact you?
If you haven’t found your answers in the product’s page and in the manual, please contact our support team and we will get back to you shortly
When finishing the purchasing process you get:
1. Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus plugin (zip file)
2. Complete manual for Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus (PDF file)
Want a Discount?
- Added: Support for member registration add-on
- Added: Support for custom post type add-on
- Fixed: Minor fixes when saving information.
- New: Prevent new member email sending.
- New: New related product tab for other relevant products
- New: Log for easier debugging
- Fixed: Save settings problems were not saved on specific servers.
- Improved: performance for external membership sites
- Fixed: Server issues with some membership products registrations.
- Fixed: Empty login details on email in some cases
- Fixed: External membership site registration on some servers.
- Improved: internal and external registration speed.
- Added: New test registration button for external membership products on the membership products tab.
- Fixed: Product display in membership products tab
- Added: Support for external membership sites with External Membership Sites Addon
- Added: Descriptive information on the settings page
- Added: Support for translations
- Fixed: Pay per Post product creation process
- Added: New username format options
- Fixed: Settings saving issues on some websites.
- Fixed: Faster membership products identification
- Added: Notification when WooCommerce is not activated.
- Fixed: SKU for new membership product was wrong
- Initial commercial version released
Customers Who Bought This Also Bought
The complete package for integrating Wishlist Member & WooCommerce Seamlessly (20% off!)
Grant exiting members discounts on products based on the membership level/s they are registered to
Sell External Membership Sites with Wishlist Member & Your WooCommerce Online Store (Addon)